1 . Seal boxes with strong packing tape.
2. Do not pack fragile and heavy items together.
3. Most people underestimate how long packing takes. Give yourself some extra time so you can organize and pack effectively.
4. Wipe down the inside of appliances with baking soda before you store them to keep them dry.
5. The heavier the item the smaller the box. Save the larger boxes for things that are lighter and harder to carry on their own.
6. Invest in good quality, sturdy boxes and packing materials. Boxes should be sturdy enough to hold up for long periods of time under the weight of the stack.